Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Where does the time go?

I don't have to tell you how busy life can be... I haven't blogged in a while!

I signed up yesterday to run my 5k in April, as planned. I was the first to register for the event. Now I realize that I can't run more than 2 blocks at a time, so I better start some serious training, if I ever want to be able to complete this short race. I was always a swimmer, never a runner, so this is a huge challenge for me.

Other New Year's goals, moving slow-ly! Weight loss has been stalled. Not gaining nor losing. Can't complain too much since I haven't really been trying, with the trip to Ethiopia and all the 80 cent beers, and great Ethiopia dishes served on enjera. However, I should be jump-starting the weight loss today as I have to drink clear liquids all day, no food - doctors orders.

Cleaning and decluttering the house are still at the top of the list. Less is more.

Less is more.

1 comment:

Flatlander said...

Less is more what? Not sure I've ever agreed with that particular aphorism. Here's another suspect aphorism courtesy of Nietszche; what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! (Until it ends up killing you.)

Van

Followers