Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Saving Cash - Day Whatever

The last week has been a long one for lots of health and personal reasons, pretty much rendering me brain-dead by the time there's enough peace in the house to think about blogging. We are definitely spending money again, but we haven't been monitoring it too closely. That could be terrible, I know, but I don't think we're really doing any "rebound" spending. After we get back on our feet again, and into some more normal routines, we'll take a look at everything. Maybe Thanksgiving morning will be a good time to catch up on our finances and we can give thanks that we stopped spending money for 2 weeks earlier this month!

I am still working on planning meals and sticking with the plans. Shopping lists are getting better organized.

We went out to dinner spontaneously with friends on Friday night, and spent way more than we really wanted. Have to say though, it was a big deal for me to be able to eat normal food again, after two weeks on the low iodine diet. And it was fun to be out with some friends!

Some of my upcoming blog ideas:
Holiday shopping - budgets and ideas for gifts with websites to make it less costly
Can we pull off another two weeks of not spending money?
How are we REALLY doing on saving cash?
What is the CVS game? Can I really get stuff for free regularly?
Can we really trim costs on our regular expenditures like insurance, utilities etc?

If you have anything you would like to see me blog about, let me know.

And after bringing up the thyroid issues over the last two weeks, I wanted to make sure I let you know that all the tests came back negative, meaning there's no sign of any cancer right now. Yea! Now if I can get my regular thyroid meds to get me over being hypothyroid, I could actually write a clever blog, clean all the clutter in my house, get the holiday shopping done before Dec 1, and still have time to eat bon-bons on the sofa... One thing at a time, I guess!

No comments:

Followers