Sunday, January 4, 2009

Resolutions Days 3 and 4

I started back at my fitness training program at the YMCA yesterday. I am really aching today. My abs are sore, my legs are stiff, and I find subtle aches and pains doing the simplest of things, such as typing on the computer! As soon as I got home from the gym, I changed into warm clothes, and the family went ice-skating. We are all at different levels of beginner, so we leave with a few aches and pains when we're done, and not much of a cardio workout. My husband took one hard fall, and either sprained or broke his wrist below his thumb. They have him in a splint today, and he'll follow up on Tuesday to see if he ends up in a cast.

I ate well yesterday and wrote everything down, until after dinner, when my delightful cousin made Bananas Foster for dessert, and I ate all of my portion, with decadent amounts of butter and brown sugar. Thing is, in terms of Weight Watchers points, I'm probably still ok since I have 35 points to eat as I wish for the week. I guess we'll see when it's January 8, and one week has gone by.

It seems Weight Watchers has a new program in place, which is supposed to be even easier to do than the points, so I may have to actually stop into a meeting to learn more about it. For now, I keep track of everything I eat on my FitDay account, and use the points to be sure I'm in a range to be losing weight.

Today has also been good. I'm feeling very dedicated to eating healthy food right now, and to writing it all down. Tomorrow, I get back to the gym for my Monday and Wednesday training, and hopefully can squeeze in a half hour at some point to begin my 12-week training program for my 5K! I have 4 doctors appointments this week, and have to squeeze them all in during my son's morning pre-school, so it doesn't leave much leisure for working out...

2 comments:

Chris said...

Sorry to hear about A's fall. Let me know how he's doing!!

Katy, Planet Perspectives said...

We won't know for sure until he sees the doc again on Wednesday...

Followers